Wakefield Youth Soccer
May 5th 2005
Knights of Columbus
I. Call to Order: 8:05
II. Members Present: President-Joe Tringale; Treasurer-Phil Good; Picture Coordinator-Scott Robertson; Intramural Coordinator-Gary Hickey; Referees - Bill Flanagan; Registrar - Bill Boodry;
III. Secretary's Report:
No Minutes from April Meeting
IV. New Business
§ Motion to allow girls to play on boys teams voted on, and will not be allowed. This was in response to a parent who wanted daughter and son on same team (intramural 1 and 2). Gary will address concerned parent.
§ Gary is looking to put WYS shirts and hats on website – available for purchase. Initial potential supplier was too expensive.
§ Next meeting will include election of officers for next term;
§ Board positions which will be open are:
o V.P. – Rick Archambault was nominated
o Secretary – Mark Pistorino nominated
o Registrar – Kevin Horrigan nominated
o MYSL Town Coordinator – Paul Melanson nominated
V. Middlesex Youth Soccer League Update: Rich Shea
· Next MYSL meeting moved to week of May 8th.
· Reminder to coaches to get scores in
· Get make-up games scheduled
· Next MYSL meeting will discuss possibility of shortened season due to large number of rain-outs.
· Web-site needs to be communications tool
· Richie will post any important information resulting from MYSL meeting.
· Week 11 to replace week 1.
· Discussion on rescheduling games to Thursday nights. With some of the times slots committed during the discussion for May 12th and 26th.
· Richie needs travel coaches to report to him on number of games that they need to make-up. He requested that they send him an email.
VI. Treasurer's Report:
· Phil Good read and submitted monthly Treasurer's Report.
· $117,388 total Balance as of 5/5/5.
· Joe Tringale will meet with Steve Mayo regarding removal of backstop. It is expected to happen for Fall Season.
· Phil will send email to coaches reminding that last coach needs to put nets against the fence, pick-up flags, stakes, etc. and lock-up at end of day.
VIII. Travel Teams:
· Tryouts May 22nd and June 6th
· Discussion regarding coordination of tryouts to be sure that adequate support and coaches are present to effectively evaluate players and to maintain a smooth process flow.
· Sign-up sheet was discussed and left on table for travel coaches
§ Registration through 5/5/5 totaled approximately 1300 players.
§ People who had trouble with on-line registration will not be charged late fee. There was some user ID confusion with the on-line process that will be resolved. Contact will be made with people who entered information, but did not complete the process (~30 players).
§ Late sign-ups now assessed $25 late fee.
§ A rule to Sign up by the 12th (or other date TBD) for the first travel team tryout date (5/22), and a second date (TBD) for the second tryout date (6/6) was discussed, so that Phil can organize the information for tryouts.
· Updated registration list will be distributed
· Postcards will be sent to boys for travel tryouts, girls optional.
o Needs age directors for:
§ Boys 1 & 2
§ Girls 3 and 4
§ Discussion on Splitting The grade 5-8 division into two groups 5/6 and 7/8 and allowing travel players to play both intramural and travel was discussed and tabled until next meeting.
§ Date will be set soon. Scott is scheduling date based on the High School football schedule. Needs to be on a Saturday when Football team is away.
XIII. Web Report:
§ John Bosco discussed the on-line registration process. He will incorporate some suggestions for improvement. (User ID to be email address, and other minor improvements were discussed).
· A.R.’s assigned as of Saturday 4/30. General comments were made on their presence.
· Discussion on referees and codes of conduct.