Wakefield Youth Soccer
Monthly and Annual Meeting
August 04th 2005
Knights of Columbus
I. Call to Order: 8:10 PM
Board Members Present:
President-Joe Tringale; Vice-President-Rick Archambault;Treasurer-Phil Good; Picture Coordinator-Scott Robertson; Travel team Coordinator-Bill Mathews; Intramural Coordinator-Gary Hickey; Secretary-Mark Pistorino; Registrar – Kevin Horrigan; Referee Coordinator-Bill Flanagan
II. Secretary's Report:
· Minutes from July meeting read and accepted.
III. Treasurer's Report:
· Phil Good read and submitted monthly Treasurer's Report which was accepted.
· Ending balance - $72,203 in checking account, $44,991 in term deposit and $59,708 in the field account. Total balance $176,902 (of which $104,609 is reserved for field related expenditures) as of 8/4/05.
· New format for Kindergarten program. A 4V4 (or 3V3) educational program will be implemented this year which will be more focused on teaching and providing more ball handling and better skill development. The new program increases skill level by maintaining focus in smaller groups. It will be Saturday only (no weekday practice) with a 45 minute practice, followed by 45 minutes games. Pop-up goals will be used (no goalies). All “K”teams will have same color jerseys and “Pennies” will be used. Age Director, Steve deGaravilla met separately with coaches after the meeting.
· Age Directors are putting teams/coaches together, which is a “scrambled” format this year, with no segregation by school district. Team rosters will be distributed at Field day.
· Coaches will need to contact players by August 30th to ensure that all players are notified in a timely fashion and to minimize calls from parents.
· Coaches are to defer questions from parents that they cannot answer, to age directors.
· CORI Forms need to be signed by August 28th. Coaches are to go to www.mayouthsoccer.org and sign form electronically. Hard copies will be available at the field day for those who don’t sign electronically. A link to the CORI form should be on our website soon www.wakefieldsoccer.org
· Need volunteers to store nets (preferably those who live near fields). Also need volunteers to line fields on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
· Coach’s clinic at Walton Field (behind Galvin Middle School) scheduled for August 28th. THIS IS MANDATORY TRAINING FOR ALL INTRAMURAL COACHES. The only exception will be for 5-8 coaches who have previously attended the training.
o 4 PM for Kindergarten coaches (Special clinic for U6 Kindergarten coaches)
o 6 PM for all others.
V. Travel Teams
o Baseball permit conflict at Nasella Field
o Practices begin the week of 8/1/05
o Field Permit information will be posted on our website.
o Field availability for all fields was discussed.
o Travel coaches need to send email to Bill Mathews regarding practice schedule/location, and he will post on website.
· Date set for September 17th and 18th (9AM to 5PM)
· Crowley Photo
· Need volunteers
· Last day for registration on-line will be September 1st. Late registrations will continue to be accepted until the first game (9/10).
VIII. Middlesex Youth Soccer League
· Mandatory travel coaches meeting scheduled for Thursday 9/1/05
o U10 – 7 PM
o U12/U/14 – 8:15 PM
o Paul Ferry of Wakefield voted MYSL Young Referee of Year.
o Article to be written for the Daily item.
X. Other Business
o Equipment has been ordered.
o 2 game balls/team.
o August 14 and 21st we will be putting equipment together for teams. Age Directors need to get 2-3 coaches to help.
o WYS clothing, accessories, etc. will be sold at picture day as a fundraiser
o Timeline of events
o Aug. 28th – Coaches Clinic at Walton Field
o September 8th – Next Mandatory Meeting
o September 10th & 11th – Start of season
o September 17th & 18th – Pictures at High School Gymnasium
o October 6th – Mandatory Meeting.
o November 3rd – Mandatory Meeting
o November 5th & 6th – End of Season
XI –Meeting Adjourns – 9:10 PM