Monthly and Annual Meeting
October 06th 2005
Knights of Columbus
I. Call to Order: 8:05 PM
Board Members Present:
President-Joe Tringale; Treasurer-Phil
Good; Picture Coordinator-Scott Robertson; Travel team Coordinator-Bill
Mathews; Intramural Coordinator-Gary Hickey; Secretary-Mark Pistorino;
Registrar – Kevin Horrigan; Referee Coordinator – Bill Flanagan
II. Secretary's Report:
- Minutes from September meeting read and accepted.
Phil Good read and submitted monthly Treasurer's Report which was
Ending balance - $25,628 in checking account, $45,165 in term
deposit and $59,785 in the field account. Total balance $130,578 (of which
$104,950 is reserved for field related expenditures) as of 10/6/05.
- New Kindergarten program is progressing well.
- No problems in all age groups.
- Larger shirt size selection for next year.
- Timing of games discussed. Some referees run behind schedule
and others cut games short. Referee coordinator to talk to referees to be
sure that they get games started on time. Coaches reminded to assist in
this effort, by having teams ready, at start time.
V. Travel Teams
- Need to develop a plan to have Walton practice field fixed
for spring season.
- Joe to follow-up with town (Joe Stinson-DPW) to be sure
that he meets his commitment of sodding the old baseball diamond.
- Pictures went well. Pictures should be available on or
about October 28th.
- Fundraiser also went well. Actual numbers not available
- Referees will work to get games running on schedule.
- No Jewelry reminder to coaches.
- Dates set for Re-certification for all Grade 8 and 9
VIII. Middlesex Youth
- Meeting held with travel coaches after board meeting.
- Sportsworldcenter.com – Indoor Soccer discussed
IX. Other Business
- CORI forms discussed. There were issues with the on-line
process. Many submittals did not go thru. The state did not have many coaches’
names. Missing coaches resubmitted. Joe will contact MA Youth Soccer for
an updated list.
- Kindergarten parking concerns discussed during Hazardous
Waste Day and other events at the high school.
- Fee increase to state of $3/child, for Lancaster Field
development. Wakefield voted “No” in regards to the increase.
- Board of Selectman sends WSA a letter of appreciation for our
generous donation to repair Walton field.
X –Meeting Adjourns – 8:55 PM