November 03rd 2005
Knights of Columbus
I. Call to Order: 8:06 PM
Board Members Present:
President-Joe Tringale; Vice
President-Rick Archambault; Treasurer-Phil Good; Picture Coordinator-Scott
Robertson; Travel team Coordinator-Bill Mathews; Secretary-Mark Pistorino;
Registrar – Kevin Horrigan;
II. Secretary's Report:
- Minutes from October meeting read and accepted.
Phil Good read and submitted monthly Treasurer's Report which was
Ending balance - $28,019 in checking account, $45,165 in term
deposit and $59,785 in the field account. Total balance $132,969 (of which
$104,950 is reserved for field related expenditures) as of 11/3/05.
- Intramural coaches to recommend and submit two names for
travel next year. Send recommendations to Gary Hickey, who will compile
- Girl’s 5-8 season extended one-week.
- Dates for next year’s registrations have not been set.
V. Travel Teams
- Travel coaches need to submit names/rosters one-month
prior to start of spring season.
- Discussed make-up games. Age directors need to find out
last date to make-up games (per MYSL)
- No Practicing on Walton Field during varsity games.
Coaches need to be aware of re-scheduled varsity games.
- Joe met with Rick Stinson- A) Nasella field will not
be available at all next fall season. B) Sod has been put in at Walton in
old baseball diamond area.
Travel coaches plaques and intramural coach’s picture calendars
If coaches have any problems with pictures please contact Crowley
Photo directly. Contact Scott if problem is not resolved by Crowley Photo.
- Dates set for February for Re-certification for all Grade
8 (16 hr course) and Grade 9 (8 hr course) referees.
- Contact Phil Good or Bill Flanagan if you know someone
who is interested in becoming a referee.
- Age directors need to send email addresses of all coaches
to Kevin Horrigan, if they have not already done so.
IX. Middlesex Youth
- Meeting held with travel coaches after board meeting.
- U12 vote on 8v8 in fall 2006.
- 12 players/team may be approved. This may allow us an
X. Other Business –
- Need all intramural equipment returned. Two days will be
scheduled for drop-off. Put notes in bags with age group and team
number. Age directors are responsible for return of equipment.
- Nets also need to be returned to cage. Age directors to
coordinate as applicable.
- There is a storage problem at Civic Center (Cage). Rick
is working on getting additional space.
- Webmaster is setting-up an on-line store in conjunction
with the “T-Stop”.
- Steve DeGaravilla - K program was very successful. Steve
proposes that we consider a 4 to 6 week spring “K” intramural season.
Steve will investigate and report on interest level at next meeting.
Field availability will also be an issue.
- Discussion regarding improving the Walton field. Field
sees high usage which makes it very difficult to maintain.
- Next meeting is scheduled for December 1st.
XI –Meeting Adjourns – 9:15 PM