Wakefield Youth Soccer
December 01st 2005
Knights of Columbus
I. Call to Order: 8:05 PM
Board Members Present:
President-Joe Tringale; Vice President-Rick Archambault; Treasurer-Phil Good; Picture Coordinator-Scott Robertson; Secretary-Mark Pistorino; Registrar – Kevin Horrigan;
II. Secretary's Report:
III. Treasurer's Report:
· Phil Good read and submitted monthly Treasurer's Report which was accepted.
· Ending balance - $23,584 in checking account, $45,250 in term deposit and $59,824 in the field account. Total balance $128,658 (of which $105,074 is reserved for field related expenditures) as of 12/01/05.
V. Travel Teams/MYSL
· All spring rosters went in on-time.
· Placement meeting on Tuesday 11/8/05
· U16 and U18 rosters must be in by Nov. 15th /cards with pictures.
· Girls H.S. banquet held and a note of thanks were made to the soccer association.
· Need coach for U16 boys. Tony C., offered to take position if a no one else requests the coaching position.
· Joe T. will get permit for use of Galvin School for practice, the last three weekends in March (Saturdays and Sundays - 8 AM to 3 PM).
· Phil G. has a list of those players who are paid-up. Coaches need to collect from un-paid players.
· MOTION – Scott Robertson - Motion to authorize the coaches to not allow players to participate in the Spring if they don’t pay. – Motion accepted.
VII. Referee Coordinator
· Sunday November 6 is a recertification clinic.
· No issues. See intramural “K” Spring program comments above.
X. Other Business – Vice President
· Field usage has been a continuing issue. Jim Fitzgerald is pushing a proposal (not on behalf of WSA) town wide to look at the possibility of selling the 7 acre Mapleway land and using the proceeds/gains to install two new turf fields at the High School.
· Rick A. needs the ball bags/equipment back from those outstanding.
· Rick has approached the Civic Center for more space. The issue is being worked by Rick.
· Two new paint liners will be purchased to accommodate new cans. Two free liners will be supplied by the paint vendor.
· Uniform orders will be placed by Rick for the Spring teams as soon as all rosters are finalized.
· Soccer store web-link has been slow going because “T”-Stop and Reading Trophy don’t have websites; therefore a link cannot be set-up.
· Phil Good has resigned as Treasurer as of the end of his term in July.
· Thank you from the Archambault Family and Lakes Regional High School
XI –Meeting Adjourns – 9:12 PM