Wakefield Youth Soccer
October 5th 2006
Knights of Columbus
I. Call to Order: 8:05 PM
Board Members Present:
President-Joe Tringale; Treasurer-Phil Good; Secretary-Mark Pistorino; Registrar – Kevin Horrigan; Travel Coordinator Bill Mathews;Vice-President – Rick Archambault , Picture Coordinator – Scott Robertson
II. Secretary's Report:
III. Treasurer's Report:
· Phil Good read and submitted monthly Treasurer's Report which was accepted.
· Ending balance - $52,719 in checking account, $46,448 in term deposit and $72,963 in the field account for a total cash balance of $172,130.
V. Travel Teams/MYSL
· Pictures went very well.
· Scott will set-up a pick-up time for age directors and travel coaches, on or about Oct. 19th.
· Calendar photos for coaches “gift” in each package.
· All travel team photo’s will be posted on website
· U12 and older need pictures for spring season.
· Kevin needs the remaining few missing coaches birthdates for CORI list.
VIII. Town Coordinator
· November 4th – MYSL Special Olympics @ Governor Dummer Academy, looking for volunteers.
· MYSL Website is not functioning properly. Email scores to age director. Include specifics in email (age, group, team, etc)
· November 26th is final date for Spring Roster Submittals.
· Paul needs all pass cards by Nov. 12th. Preferably by Nov. 4th meeting
· Paul will have rosters at next meeting.
· December 12th town coordinators “placement” meeting
· January 15th is final date for U16 and U18 Spring roster submittals.
· Grade 9 referees can only do U10 travel (or intramural up to U14)
· Towns assign referees in Fall season, League assigns in Spring season.
· Adding players is ok if necessary. Either move a player up or get someone off the waiting list from tryouts.
· U16 and U18. Need to approach players soon. HS break-up dinner is good opportunity.
· Need U16 coach. (Possibly Boodry or Jenkins)
· Upcoming tournaments. If you have a team playing in a “patch” tournament, see Rick Archambault for patches.
IX. Other Business – President/Vice President/Picture Coordinator
· Richie Shea – MLS camps. Kim Chapman will run MLS Camps next Summer. Scheduled for week of August 6-10th
· Motion to approve Kim Chapman to go back to MLS Camps for new contract. Motion “accepted”
· Joe Walsh plaque won’t be ready until Mid-November (at earliest) (Cost ~$3600)
· Disciplinary committee discussion. To be continued at next meeting. Joe to draft policy.
XI –Meeting Adjourns – 9:40 PM