Wakefield Youth Soccer

Meeting Minutes

February 1st 2007

Knights of Columbus

 

 

 

I. Call to Order: 8:04 PM

Board Members Present:

President-Joe Tringale; Treasurer-Phil Good; Secretary/Intramural Coordinator-Mark Pistorino; Registrar – Kevin Horrigan; Travel Coordinator Bill Mathews; Picture Coordinator – Scott Robertson; GM – Jim Fitzgerald; Town Coordinator- Paul Melanson

 

II. Secretary's Report:

 

III. Treasurer's Report:

·        Treasurer's Report from January was read and accepted.

·        Phil Good read and submitted monthly Treasurer's Report which was accepted.

·        Ending balance - $35,528 in checking account, $46,797 in term deposit and $80,254 in the field account for a total cash balance of $163,579.

 

 

IV. Intramurals:

 

V.               Travel Teams/MYSL

 

VI. Pictures

·        Nothing new to report. Looking at weekend of September 15th for pictures.

VII. Registrar

·        Need U16 and U18 travel team registrations.  Paul Melanson has rosters.

·        Registrations tentatively scheduled for Sunday April 29th for Walk-in, and On-line beginning the first week of March.

 

VIII. Referee Coordinator

·        Uniform Changes – Jerseys and Shorts required (2 pieces)

·        Corner kick change/clarification – 10 yds from arc (11 yards from corner).  It was 10 yards from corner.

 

 

IX. Other Business – President/Vice President/Referee Coordinator

·        Uniform returns – Rick and Dave Chapman tested reprinted jerseys, which was acceptable.  Rick will collect jerseys or coaches can deliver them to Reading Trophy for reprint.

·        U8 subcommittee (Mike Boudreau – Chairperson) recommendations were reviewed with the board on Wednesday January 31st, and approved with slight modifications.  Mike presented an overview. See Excel Spreadsheet “U8 Committee Overview 020207” and Meeting minutes from Executive meeting 1/31/07.

·        Steve Coyne has scheduled coaches ‘F” license course for March 15th and March 22nd.  Thursday nights – 4hrs./night (7:00 to 11:00 PM).  Need “G” license as a pre-requisite.

·        Joe to meet with Cy Bode regarding the use of Mapleway.  Saturday 9:00 thru 12:30 game time slots may be available to us in Spring, with softball using the field after soccer. Joe to report back at march Meeting.

·        General Manager – Jim Fitzgerald discussed methods of choosing travel coaches. This was an in-depth discussion, with the realization that we need to establish a standardized process for selecting coaches.  Steve Logan will be the chairperson for a sub-committee to determine a process for choosing teams and coaches.  Committee member volunteers include Dave Chapman, Joe tringale, Dan White, and Jim Fitgerald.  The complete committee is not yet finalized.

·        Joe Walsh plaque is being produced.  Most likely date for unveiling ceremony will be in June (probably June Tryout date)

X –Meeting Adjourns – 9:23 PM

 

_______________________________________________________