Wakefield Soccer Association
January 8, 2009
Board Members Present:
President Jim Fitzgerald; Vice President Mike Boudreau; Treasurer Joe Tringale; Travel Coordinator Steve Logan; Intramural Coordinator Kevin Horrigan; Pictures Scott Robertson, Web Master Dan White; Town Coordinator Stephen de Garavilla;
Absent: Registrar - John Bosco, Secretary - Julie Fairweather & General Manager – Mark Pistorino
The minutes from the November 6, 2008 meeting were read by Mike Boudreau and are posted on the Wakefield Youth Soccer web site (there was no general meeting in December, 2008).
The December Treasurer’s report was read by Joe Tringale. Electronic version of this report is attached at the bottom of this document and will be posted on the Wakefield Soccer web site.
Joe Tringale will bring a list of who owes Spring Travel Fees to February WSA meeting for distribution to respective coaches.
Vice President’s Report:
1. Updated bylaws and Board positions up for election to be put on website
Picture Coordinator’s Report:
Intramural Coordinator’s Report:
Travel Team Report:
1. Travel Coach Assignments for U16 & U18:
a. Girls U18 – Nixon & Ellis
b. Girls U16 – To be determined
c. Boys U18 – Scott Laurina
d. Boys U16 – Scott Robertson
2. Rosters due by 2/2, passcards due by 2/3
1. Placement meeting to be held on January 15th
2. President’s meeting on 2/9 or 2/11 (to discuss player, fan & coach behaviors)
1. Winter programming – Galvin will be open for pre-Spring season workouts around mid-March (specific dates to be reported at next meeting). Sign-up sheet for timeslots will be brought to the February WSA Meeting.
2. Field assignments for Spring:
a. Doyle School for U10 Saturday games only (Beasley Oval used for U10 practices)
b. Walton Field used for all other age groups
3. Constitution & Bylaws Approval & Board elections at February 5th WSA Annual General Meeting
4. Begin discussions and decision-making for Travel Coach assignments for Fall 2009 / Spring 2010 season.
5. Laura Ray (development coach with Mass Youth Soccer) presented their coach/player development program for Board consideration. Proposal presents two different options, one more focused on an individual team and one involving multiple teams trained at same session.
Wakefield Soccer Association, Inc.
Dec 4, 2008
This report is for the month of Nov 2008.
Beginning balances for the month were $48,221 in the checking account, $49,322 in the term deposit and $105,326 in the field account, for a total cash balance of $202,869.
There were $3,730 in receipts for the month consisting of Fall registrations of $3,730 (checks that had been never been turned in). We also recognized interest of $188 to the field/Money Market account, $4 to the operating account and $125 interest in the CD. Our Certificate of Deposit matures on 12/27. Unless anyone objects its my opinion that we allow the renewal for another 12 months.
Expenses for the month were $13,541 consisting of $42 for postage and $37 for the travel letters to be printed, $3,262 in referee expenses reimbursing the referees for taking the course, $465 for the rental of the field house during picture day, $3,540 to Mass Youth Soccer for the final payment on the U6 & U7 program, $6,160 for the travel fees for the spring, and $45 to the Comm. of MA for 3 years worth of annual reports that were never filed 2006,2007, and 2008.
Ending balances are $38,414 in the checking account, $49,447 in the term deposit and $105,514 in the field money market account (Oct reconciled), for a total cash balance of $193,375.
Joe Tringale - Treasurer