Wakefield Soccer Association
February 5, 2009
Board Members Present:
President Jim Fitzgerald;; Treasurer Joe Tringale; Travel Coordinator Steve Logan; Intramural Coordinator Kevin Horrigan; Pictures Scott Robertson, Web Master Dan White; Town Coordinator Stephen de Garavilla;
Absent: Registrar – Vice President Mike Boudreau John Bosco, Secretary - Julie Fairweather & General Manager – Mark Pistorino
The minutes from the January 8, 2008 meeting were read by Jim Fitzgerald and are posted on the Wakefield Youth Soccer web site.
The December Treasurer’s report was read by Joe Tringale. Electronic version of this report is attached at the bottom of this document and will be posted on the Wakefield Soccer web site.
Vice President’s Report:
No report (VP was absent from meeting)
1. Posted constitution and election results
Picture Coordinator’s Report:
Intramural Coordinator’s Report:
Travel Team Report:
Missing Spring fees money (coaches need to collect)
U16 & U18 rosters are frozen
Sign-ups for indoor practice time at the Galvin will occur at the March meeting
Anyone interested in coaching should contact Steve DeGaravilla or Tom Guerriero
Rosters are frozen – they will open for add/drops the Thursday before the season starts
President’s meeting will occur on 2/9
1. MYS President/Registrar Meeting – Jim attended and was impressed with the content and presentation
- Better feel for how soccer is handled
- Massachusetts is the 2nd largest association in the nation (behind Northern California)
- Seeing tangible improvements in MYS
2. Constitution & By-Laws – Thanks we given to Mike Boudreau and Noel Higgins for their assistance – accepted with the addition of a Director of Risk Management position
3. Election of Board – all who ran were accepted
4. Field arrangements (Spring 2009) – Jim is working with lacrosse and baseball
- Doyle School for U10 games
- Recreation Commission - $5 per child usery fee
Wakefield Soccer Association, Inc.
Feb 5, 2009
This report is for the month of Jan 2009.
Beginning balances for the month were $43,151 in the checking account, $49,447 in the term deposit and $105,685 in the field account, for a total cash balance of $198,283.
There were $4,640 in receipts for the month consisting of Spring Travel fees of $4,490. We also recognized interest of $150.58 to the field/Money Market account, $4 to the operating account and $244 in CD Interest.
Expenses for the month were $3,096.50 consisting of $464.50 to T-Stop for extra Intramural T’s that we never rec’d the invoice for, $2332 paid to MYS for the 2nd half of the U6&U7 fall program, and $300 to Tom Guerriero for D Course reimbursement.
Ending balances are $44,545 in the checking account, $49,691 in the term deposit and $105,836 in the field money market account (Dec reconciled), for a total cash balance of $200,072.
Joe Tringale - Treasurer