Wakefield Soccer Association
March 5, 2009
Board Members Present:
President - Jim Fitzgerald; Treasurer - Joe Tringale; Secretary & Equipment Manager - Mike Boudreau; Travel Coordinator – Tom Guerriero; Intramural & Referee Coordinator - Kevin Horrigan; Web Master - Dan White; Town Coordinator - Stephen de Garavilla; Director of Fields & Facilities – Chris Barrett
Absent: Registrar - John Bosco; Director of Risk Management – role is currently vacant
The minutes from the February 5, 2008 meeting were read by Mike Boudreau and were accepted. Minutes have been posted on the Wakefield Youth Soccer web site.
The Treasurer’s report for February was read by Joe Tringale. Electronic version of this report is attached at the bottom of this document and will be posted on the Wakefield Soccer web site.
Spring Travel Fees – fees are still trickling in. Coaches need to see Joe after meeting for a list of delinquent players. Players are not allowed to practice until their payments are current. U16/U18 – need second list from John regarding who is delinquent at that level.
Equipment Manager’s Report:
U16 & U18 uniforms will be delivered to coaches next week. Two full sets of U10 nets have been ordered.
1. Indoor soccer schedule will be on website by midweek
Intramural & Referee Coordinator’s Report:
Travel Team Report:
Looking for potential coaches for 2009-2010 season. Interested parties should send a note to Tom Guerriero (where you are now, where you want to be next season)
Middlesex February and March Meetings
MYSL will give an award to each player and coach of a team at the end of each spring season as follows:
· U10- an award for each regular season sectional winner
· U12- an award for the Champion and Runner-Up of the Commissioners’ Cup or Championship Playoff
· U14- an award for the Champion and Runner-Up of the Commissioners’ Cup or Championship Playoff
· U16- an award for the Champion of the Championship Playoff
· U18- an award for the Champion of the Championship Playoff
· U19- an award for the Champion of the Championship Playoff
Commissioner Cup dates: June 13-14 in Tewksbury.
Wildcards to MTOC for the upcoming spring season
Placements done at February meeting
· GU14I – Div 1
· GU14II – Div 2
· GU14III-Div 3
· GU12I – Div 1
· GU12II – Div 2
· GU12III – Div 3
· GU12IV – Div 3
· GU10I – Div 1
· GU10II – Div 2
· GU10III – Div 3
· GU10IV – Div 4
· BU14I – Div 3
· BU12I – Div 1
· BU12II – Div 2
· BU12III – Div 3
· BU10I – Div 2
· BU10II – Div 2
· BU10III – Div 3
· BU10IV – Div 4
Placements done at March meeting
· GU18I – Div 1
· GU16I – Div 1
· BU18I – Div 1
· BU16I – Div 2
· Free Add/Drops – March 1 to March 18, let Tom know before March 16 so we can submit these on time
· Completed pass cards needed for these changes
· $10.00 Fee Adds– After March 18 until deadline (TBD)
· Limit of 3 drops per team
· Thursday, March 26 at the Joyce Middle School, Woburn
· 6:30 PM Girls
· 8:00 PM Boys
· Tentatively for Monday, March 23 but check referee website
· Joyce Middle School, Woburn
· Player/coach/fan conduct will be a priority item to be discussed at the referee meeting and referees will be advised to address this at all games if problems arise
Start of Season
· Saturday, April 4 for U14 and below (9 game season)
· Sunday, April 5 for U16 and above (7 game season)
· Will not be handed out at coaches meeting
· Will be available on Sports Manager to be printed out by the coaches
· Approved rosters will have no signature or league stamp but will print up with a watermark
Unapproved rosters will be printed up with the universal sign of a circle with a line through it indicating the roster changes have not been approved
1. Indoor Practices – WBA playoffs are still a little bit up in the air. Depending on the condition of the fields, we may extend the indoor sessions 1 additional week
2. U10 will play at Doyle. U12 and up will play at Walton
3. Gary Hall from Challenger Sports spoke to attendees about Coach Training Program
Wakefield Soccer Association, Inc.
Mar 5, 2009
This report is for the month of Feb 2009.
Beginning balances for the month were $44,545 in the checking account, $49,691 in the term deposit and $105,836 in the field account, for a total cash balance of $200,072.
There were $4,825 in receipts for the month consisting of Spring Travel fees of $4,692. We also recognized interest of $133.93 to the field/Money Market account, $4 to the operating account and $0 in CD Interest.
Expenses for the month were $74.50 consisting of $72 for postage and $2.50 for bank cgs due to a bounced ck.
Ending balances are $49,162 in the checking account, $49,691 in the term deposit and $105,970 in the field money market account (Jan reconciled), for a total cash balance of $204,823.
Joe Tringale - Treasurer