Wakefield Soccer Association
December 3, 2009
Board Members Present:
President - Jim Fitzgerald; Treasurer– Joe Tringale; Secretary & Equipment Manager – Mike Boudreau; Town Coordinator - Stephen de Garavilla; Travel Coordinator – Tom Guerriero; Intramural & Referee Coordinator - Kevin Horrigan;
Absent: Web Master – Dan White; Director of Fields & Facilities – Chris Barrett; Registrar – John Bosco
Minutes from the November 5, 2009 meeting were read by Mike Boudreau. Subsequently, they were accepted. Minutes have been posted on the Wakefield Youth Soccer web site.
Wakefield Soccer Association, Inc.
Dec 4, 2009
This report is for the month of November 2009.
Beginning balances for the month were $34,245 in the checking account, $50,096 in the term deposit and $106,968 in the field account, for a total cash balance of $191,309.
There were $0 in receipts for the month . We recognized interest of $117 to the field/Money Market account, $2 to the operating account, $623 of interest to the term deposit.
Expenses for the month were $11,422.80 consisting of $190 for the Porto-Pottys, $3,572.50 paid to referees which included reimbursements for re-certs, $6,327.80 to Reading trophy for the end of the year gifts, and $1,332.50 to MYSA for the last half of the travel program training.
Ending balances are $22,822 in the checking account, $50,719 in the term deposit and $107,085 in the field money market account (Oct reconciled), for a total cash balance of $180,626.
Joe Tringale - Treasurer
Equipment Manager’s Report:
1) Final Equipment turn-in time/date to be determined
2) All equipment picked up from fields and put into The Cage
Intramurals & Referee Report
1) Season went very well. Good participation and understanding by coaches, particularly surrounding some of the schedule & locations changes that needed to be made mid-season.
2) Thanks again to all of the coaches for their help.
Travel Teams Report and general discussion
Items for December Meeting
· Congratulations to the GU12-4 team on their undefeated season. Job well done!
Before reviewing the season for the remainder of the travel program, Tom G shared his criteria for a successful fall season:
o A 50% win percentage (an indication that you were in the right division).
o Improvement as the season went on as measured by fewer goals against as the season progressed, improvement in wins percentage and/or a better record against an opponent that you had faced early in the season (an indication of player improvement and teamwork).
With that said here is the summary of our fall season:
· One of the six division one teams (16%) had a >50% win percentage
· Four of the six division two teams (66%) had a >50% win percentage
· Three of the five division three teams (60%) had a >50% win percentage
· One of the three division four (33% division 5 teams also included in this group) had a >50% win percentage
Although the number of teams having a >50% win percentage is not high a detailed view of each team’s record showed that the teams improved (as measured by the second criteria) as the season went on.
I would ask the coaches to give their players and season some thought over the winter months so that you can have a team and individual player curriculum ready for the spring. I recommend that you review some of the lessons plans that were used during the Player/Coach Development program. Also visit the Mass Youth Soccer Website; it is a wealth of information. Also consider utilizing the player report card that we use as supplemental information to the tryout scores to evaluate your players and come up with a curriculum for the individual player.
Middlesex League Report:
1) Two meetings worth of updates
2) 10 game Spring season
3) 4/10/10 Start
4) Memorial Day Weekend games – if need to reschedule, make up before Memorial Day
Projected Field Use For 2010 & Beyond:
1) Dolbeare field will more than likely not be available at beginning of Spring Season
2) U10 – Doyle or Dolbeare; U12 – Mapleway or Walton; U14 – Walton; U16 & U18 – Walton
3) Beaseley Oval for practice?
4) Recreation Dept Meeting in January – several Board members to attend
Final words / next meeting January 7, 2009
1) Board positions available; elections take place at February Annual General Meeting
3) Scouts Project Proposal
4) Camps 2010
2)Happy Holidays everyone and we’ll see you in 2010