MYSA Return to Soccer Activities Guidelines
On July 24, 2020, the Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs amended the Safety and Reopening Standards for Business and other Entities Providing Youth and Adult Amateur Sports Activities for Phase III, Step 1. Soccer was reclassified into the Moderate Risk Sports category allowing participation in Level 1, 2, and 3 types of play.
The following types of play are defined by level from least to the greatest risk.
- Level 1: Individual or socially distanced group activities (no-contact workouts, aerobic
- conditioning, individual skill work, and drills)
- Level 2: Competitive Practices (Intra-team/group games, contact drills and scrimmages)
- Level 3: Competitions (Inter-team games, meets, matches, races, etc.)
Effective August 17, 2020, Mass Youth Soccer determined the need to require specific modifications in order for Soccer to be continued to be played as a Moderate Risk Sport under the expansion of Phase III, Levels 1, 2, and 3. The Return to Soccer Activities guidelines have been updated to reflect the changes.
Mass Youth Soccer requires all adults involved in soccer activities to read, understand, and conduct themselves in accordance with the:
Coaches can reference the Mass Youth soccer site that has physical distancing sessions to help you during these times.
The attached PDF’s go into further detail:
- Resource for Coaches – Return to Play – Coaching Toolkit
- Resource for Member Organizations – Member Organization Checklist
- Resource for Coaches, Member Organizations & Parents – Return to Soccer Activities Guidelines