WSA President's Letter to the Membership
Remaining Vigilant and Keeping Each Other Safe
Dear Wakefield Soccer Families,
We hope this communication finds you, your family, and your friends healthy and staying safe. In August, we were pleased to hear that the Governor of Massachusetts announced reopening plans for the state that included the phased reintroduction of outdoor recreation and youth sports activities.
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Wakefield Soccer Association (WSA) has worked very closely with Massachusetts Youth Soccer Association (MYSA) to prepare for a season that follows their requirements and the state of Massachusetts’ requirements for a safe return to soccer related activities.
I know adhering to these extra steps over a long period of time is difficult, but the risk of an outbreak is a constant challenge. There have been recent COVID-19 outbreaks linked to asymptomatic members of communities across the state, and as members of WSA and the Wakefield community we must do our part in prevention. Please be sure to follow the guidelines below. Following these protocols goes a long way in helping to reduce the spread.
All members are required to:
- Perform daily symptom monitoring and stay home if feeling ill.
- Wear a face covering or mask over your nose and mouth at all times while at our venues, regardless of proximity to others.. Put it on and leave it on.
- Limit the number of spectators to (1) during weekend games, and no spectators during practices.
- Always maintain a 6 foot distance between everyone present.
- No spectators are allowed on the playing surface, spectators must stay to the outside of the fencing.
- Always perform hand hygiene.
- Work together. Ask/tell one another: “Keep your mask on, stay off the playing surface”, etc, we all have a role to play in keeping one another and our children safe from Covid-19.
WSA has been at work for months to get our players out on the field. Let’s all follow the guidelines and keep them there.
In the event guidelines are not adhered to, spectators or players will be asked to leave the venue.
Thank you for your diligence and for continuing to care for each other.
MYSA Guidelines – Updated 9/4/20