Grades 3-4 Intramural
This FALL-ONLY, CO-ED Intramural program is open to boys and girls that are in grades 3 and 4.
8/27/2020 – The WSA Board has decided to merge the intramural program with the travel program for the 2020 Fall season only. This change was not made lightly. The best interests of our players were taken into consideration. Wakefield Soccer has decided to move the Intramural program (grades 3-8 only) to Saturday and combine them with the travel players.
What does this mean?
- The registration fee remains the same. (No cost increase)
- Games will be played on Saturday (Walton or Mullen) instead of Sunday (time TBD)
- Intramural players will be mixed into teams of travel players.
- Travel teams still have separate practices.
- Our aim is to have balanced teams. Teams will include players of varying ability at each age level.
- This means the team they will play on will no longer be Co-ed.
Why was this decision made?
- Due to low registration numbers without the switch we would have to cancel the program entirely without this change.
While there are still plenty of details to be sorted out, we wanted to communicate the details of the change for the upcoming Fall Season. With the change in structure the game play may be slightly more formal than in the past but will still be designed to be fun and interactive for all involved. The adjusted plan will be designed to satisfy the following objectives:Meet all safety requirements set forth by the State and Mass Youth Soccer
- Allow for the continued development of our young players
- Returns some degree of normalcy to our players
- Deliver value on your financial commitment to the program
More details will be provided as we get closer to the season. Please email any questions to [email protected]
This program runs in the Fall season only.
Saturdays, September 19, 2020 – November 8, 2020
Location: Mullen field at Galvin Middle School
- Registered by Aug 31: $70
- Registered after Aug 31: $80
Weather Delay and/or Cancellations:
Sessions are held in light rain, but not when heavy rain or lightning is occurring. Coaches and parents will receive an email with the status when conditions are questionable. The status will also be posted on the home page.
Reminders: No Jewelry !
Kids must not wear any type of jewelry, including earrings, necklaces, and watches, as it can pose a danger for your child as well as others on the field. Medical bracelets are allowed.
Email our Intramural director: [email protected]
This co-ed recreational division is designed to give each player the chance to foster an excitement for the sport of soccer in a fun and positive environment.
The fall season generally runs from early September through the beginning of November.
Players do not attend a tryout and are randomly assigned to teams. Teams are run by parent volunteers.
Even as these games are designed to bring out the enthusiasm and competition of your soccer player, WSA will look to also provide the structure for the rules of the game, including a referee. However, scores and standings are not the significant goals in creating what the foundation of this youth recreational soccer is striving for, therefore no scores or standings are published.
- Soccer-specific cleats (no metal spikes)
- Shin pads
- Socks which totally cover shin pads
- WSA provided shirt
- Water bottle