WSA COMMUNITY – FALL 2020 WEEKLY REMINDERS - 10/24
For all WSA activities in Fall 2020, if your player is not feeling well – keep them home. (COVID 19 SYMPTOMS)
WSA wants to keep our players playing and ensure safety for our community. This is a reminder of the right steps to take should your player has tested positive for COVID-19. Our COVID Coordinators and Coaches have been managing attendance and asking COVID qualifying questions before play for contact tracing purposes.
If tested positive – notify WSA’s President ([email protected]) or Covid Safety Officer ([email protected] or 781-929-7088) IMMEDIATELY. Player must provide a doctor’s note (email or delivery to coach) before returning to play.
WSA will work with Wakefield Board Of Health and Mass Youth Soccer Association on follow up actions and impact to any specific teams.
PARENT & SPECTATOR REMINDERS
- Masks MUST be worn while attending any WSA game. This is non-negotiable and a requirement by the state and MYSA guidelines.
- No spectators for practices, and there is a 1 spectator per player limit for Saturday and Sunday games. Due to the request for increased oversight on activities, audits for compliance of masks and spectator count are being performed weekly.
- 6’ social distanced spacing is required.
- No chairs can be placed on the turf.
- If your player cannot make a Saturday game you must alert your coach in advance. The teams are intentionally small to allow for optimal playing time.
- Wear a mask entering and exiting the field, as well as during play. Masks must have ear loops – they cannot be a buff, bandana or have straps that wrap around the head.
- ACADEMY GRADE 1 AND 2 PLAYERS: Bring your red WSA shirt and bring a light shirt for games – pinnies will not be handed out.
- SATURDAY GAMES: Wear the designated color shirt for the game (HOME: Red AWAY: White/Gray) and bring an alternate shirt if playing goalie.
SCHEDULE REMINDERS – IN-TOWN SATURDAY GAMES (G3/4, G5/6, G7/8)
The Saturday schedule is linked at the top of the WSA website for reference. There are tabs for the next four weeks of games.
WSA INFORMATION – BOOKMARK THIS LINK, IT WILL BE UPDATED REGULARLY
This message will be sent out weekly with the latest information and reminders for our Fall 2020 season. Please acquaint yourself and your player with the information within.