Welcome to the Wakefield Soccer Association – Wakefield, MA
The Wakefield Soccer Association strives to provide a quality recreational, youth soccer experience for all of our members. We believe that good sportsmanship and a desire to coach, play, or watch soccer in a way that honors the game, are the cornerstones of that experience. In doing so, we aim to create a lifelong appreciation of the game by actively seeking to promote soccer to the youth of Wakefield.
September 26th, 2019
Soccer Pictures are Sept 28 & 29
Soccer pictures are scheduled for Sat Sept 28 and Sun Sept 29. Click Here for Schedule
Pictures will be taken at the High School cafeteria on 60 Farm St.
Save time and pre-order online with your credit or debit card. Use the password soccer HERE
If you pre-order, bring your printed receipt to the photo shoot
- On photo day, you can pay with cash, check, money order or credit card.
- Our cashiers will answer questions and make change at the shoot. We display many items on location that may not be listed on the envelope. Ask the cashier about our new prepositional pennants and new champion Memory Mate.
- You may add to your order at the photo shoot with any of the payment methods previously mentioned.
- If you did not order online, fill out the photo form prior to arriving and you can hand in with your payment when you arrive
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your photo time
- All players must wear their uniform shirts (and shorts for travel teams)
- Players should not wear cleats
- Come in at left set of front doors and check-in at the table
- If you can not make your allotted time, you may schedule a photo time for your child by emailing rcr[email protected]
- If you have any questions, call Roy at Crowley Photo 207-829-6775 or email [email protected]
June 21st, 2019
Congratulations to 12 Teams Going to Commissioner’s Cup !
Wakefield Soccer Association is pleased to announce that twelve Wakefield teams will be competing at this weekend’s Middlesex Youth Soccer League Commissioner’s Cup tournament. The tourney will be held at the Massachusetts State Soccer Fields at Progin Park in Lancaster on Saturday and Sunday, June 22 and 23.
Five teams will be competing for the right to go on to the Massachusetts Tournament of Champions on June 28 – 30. The MTOC brings together the best town-based travel teams from throughout the state.
The teams that will be competing this weekend for the chance to advance to the MTOC include:
- Girls Grade 5-6 division 1 team
- Girls Grade 7-8 division 2 team
They each will play a semi-final game on Saturday, and if successful will play in the Middlesex League finals on Sunday.
The teams playing for the chance to go to MTOC will be:
- Boys Grade 9-10
- Girls Grade 9-10
- Girls Grade 11+
They will be playing in the finals on Sunday, having already won their semifinal games this past weekend.
The following teams have advanced to the Commissioner’s Cup and will play a three-game round robin on Saturday and Sunday against other teams from the Middlesex League:
- Girls Grade 3-4 division 3
- Girls Grade 3-4 division 4
- Girls Grade 3-4 division 5
- Girls Grade 7-8 division 3
- Boys Grade 3-4 division 1
- Boys Grade 3-4 division 4
- Boys Grade 7-8 division 5
Good luck to all the teams! Go Wakefield !!!
May 6th, 2019
Fall 2019 Registration is Open
Registration is now open for all Fall 2019 soccer programs for kids in grades pre-K to grade 8.
Registration fees for Fall 2019 remain unchanged from this past soccer season!
For an overview of all the programs, go to: https://www.wakefieldsoccer.
or to register now, go to: https://www.wakefieldsoccer.
*** 2019/2020 Travel Program for Grades 3 – 8 ***
- Players must attend tryouts to be eligible for placement on a travel team.
- The travel program is a 2-season commitment. Players not interested in playing two seasons or cannot commit to a travel schedule can register for the intramural leagues.
- Travel tryouts take place between May 20 and May 30. Tryouts are earlier than usual so don’t delay in registering.
- Players must be registered in order to try out.
- Late fees for travel (only) take effect on May 18 so register soon to avoid increased fees.
For complete details on the Fall Travel Program, go to: https://www.wakefieldsoccer.
Questions for the Travel program? Contact Charlie Festel, Director of Travel Program at [email protected]
Questions for the Intramural programs? Contact Mackenzie Arment, Director of Coaching at [email protected]
March 29th, 2019
WSA to join ECYSA beginning Fall 2019
WSA made the announcement at its 2019 Annual General Meeting that it will be joining Essex County Youth Soccer Association beginning in the Fall of 2019. WSA is committed to delivering the best possible soccer experience for its members, and believes that ECYSA will be an excellent partner in that mission moving forward!
Much more information will be provided as the Fall Season approaches, but please feel free to contact the WSA Board of Directors with any questions.
In the meantime, enjoy the Spring, and good luck to all this season!