Welcome to the Wakefield Soccer Association – Wakefield, MA
The Wakefield Soccer Association strives to provide a quality recreational, youth soccer experience for all of our members. We believe that good sportsmanship and a desire to coach, play, or watch soccer in a way that honors the game, are the cornerstones of that experience. In doing so, we aim to create a lifelong appreciation of the game by actively seeking to promote soccer to the youth of Wakefield.
Current Events and Info
2nd Session Winter Clinic registration now open – looking to keep the kids active and their soccer skills sharp this winter? Register them for our 6-week Sunday clinic, Feb 20 – Mar 27.
November 29th, 2021
Thank you, WSA members !!!
Thank you to our 207 volunteer coaches who dedicated their time to the 1,043 players (highest on record for Wakefield Soccer Association), over 9 weeks, to advance their play of the sport of soccer this past season.
Thank you to our 80 travel program coaches for ensuring 28 teams and 372 travel program players were ready for the 220 games played; and running 504 weeknight practices to advance our players’ skills.
Thank you to our Intramural and Academy coaches for ensuring 671 players from Tots (Pre-K/K!) through Grade 8, on 62 teams, were able to develop their play and their love for the game over the course of 112 games.
Thank you to our 20 Wakefield referees for ensuring the game is fair and safe.
Thank you to our volunteers who rose before dawn and stayed late 144 times to ensure fields were set up and our equipment protected. A special thank you to those who walked Mullen and Walton fields each week collecting trash and left-behinds, ensuring Wakefield puts forth its best self when welcoming visiting towns.
Thank you to our board members and the Wakefield Recreation Department for bringing WINAS to our community. WINAS provided an opportunity for 15 special needs players to experience the game in a safe and fun environment.
Thank you to our 170 WSA community members for joining us at the New England Revolution game in October.
And a very special thank you to our players and parents who committed themselves to over 1 MILLION minutes of soccer this fall season. 1 MILLION MINUTES!
At this time of being grateful, the Wakefield Soccer Association Board would like to extend their thanks to our WSA Community – players, parents, coaches, referees, volunteers and community members at large – and wish you a very happy holiday.
September 12th, 2021
Details for Fall 2021 SUNDAY Intramural Programs
This season runs on Sundays from September 19 through November 7, 2021.
Your Team Assignment email confirms the program and time you are registered for.
- 9:00 – 9:50 AM – Tots Program
- 10:00 – 10:50 AM – Pre-K Program
- 11:00 – 11:50 AM – Pre-K and Kindergarten Program
- 12:00 – 12:50 PM – Kindergarten Program
- 1:00 – 1:50 PM – Grade 1 Boys Academy
- 1:00 – 1:50 PM – Grade 1 Girls Academy
- 2:00 – 2:50 PM – Grade 2 Boys Academy
- 2:00 – 2:50 PM – Grade 2 Girls Academy
- 3:00 – 3:30 PM – Gr 3 – 8 Practice
- 3:30 – 4:30 PM – Gr 3-4 / Gr 5-8 Intramural Programs Gr 3-4 Game Schedule
- All Sunday sessions are held at the Galvin School Fields
- Upon arriving, please head directly to your field and check-in with your coach.
- Fields will be marked with a flag number that corresponds to your team name’s number.
- CLICK HERE to see full field layout
- Fields per program
- Tots – 9:00 am – all teams at Mullen Field
- Pre-K – 10:00 – Mullen Field – Bolts, Dragons, Eagles, Hawks, Lazers, Lightning
- Pre-K – 10:00 – Walton Field – Lions, Sharks, Super Stars, Tigers, Wizards
- Pre-K – 11:00 – all teams at Walton Field
- Kindergarten – 11:00 – all teams at Mullen field
- Kindergarten – 12:00 – all teams at Mullen field
- Grade 1 Boys – 1:00 – all teams at Walton field
- Grade 1 Girls – 1:00 – all teams at Mullen field
- Grade 2 Boys – 2:00 – all teams at Walton field
- Grade 2 Girls – 2:00 – all teams at Mullen field
- Grades 3-8 – Practice – Mullen Field
- Grades 3-4 – 3:30 – all teams at Mullen Field
- Grades 5-8 – 3:30 – all teams at Walton Field
- Soccer cleats or athletic sneakers
- Shin guards (not required for Tots program)
- Water bottle
- A team shirt will be provided to each player
- All other equipment (balls, cones, goals) will be provided by WSA
- Spectators are not permitted on the turf field. Please stay outside any of the field fencings.
- Social distancing is still recommended.
- When the session is over, players should find their parent/guardian.
- Do not congregate on the field or in the parking lot.
- Leave the premises immediately to avoid overlap with the next incoming session.