Welcome to the Wakefield Soccer Association – Wakefield, MA
The Wakefield Soccer Association strives to provide a quality recreational, youth soccer experience for all of our members. We believe that good sportsmanship and a desire to coach, play, or watch soccer in a way that honors the game, are the cornerstones of that experience. In doing so, we aim to create a lifelong appreciation of the game by actively seeking to promote soccer to the youth of Wakefield.
Current Events and Info
Registration is open for the Fall 2021 programs. Register Now
Summer Clinic Registration Now Open! Register HERE
Session 1 – July 5th through July 8th
Session 2 – August 9th through August 12th
Session 3 – August 16th through August 19th
May 19th, 2021
Updated Mask Protocol
Effective immediately (May 19, 2021):
- Players 18 and younger are not required to wear a mask while playing.
- Players do not need to wear a mask on the bench or in a team huddle while outdoors if proper social distance is maintained.
- Coaches and referees do not need to wear a mask as long as they maintain 6 feet of distance. Referees 18 or younger do not need to wear a mask while officiating a game.
- Those entering and exiting a facility do not need to wear masks as long as they maintain 6 feet of distance.
May 14th, 2021
As we enter the second half of the season, we have some updates to share about the program this year and next.
Mask update: As you know, we’ve been following Mass Youth Soccer’s guidance as relates to Covid precautions. As of yesterday, Mass Youth Soccer has updated its policy on masks for spectators. Spectators may remove their masks once they reach their settle in their destination to watch games, provided they maintain six feet of distance from the next family unit. They must still wear their mask while entering and leaving the facility or when social distancing is not possible. We’ll be following these latest guidelines at our facilities, but with that said, please respect any guidelines that are in place for towns you may visit for away games.
Note: Players must continue to wear their masks during play and on the bench when they are not able to be 6 feet away from others.
Travel Evaluations for next season: We will be running evaluations for next season’s travel placements for players entering grades 3 through 8 (G4, G6, and G8 age groups). Boys evaluations will take place on May 25 and June 10. Girls evaluations will take place on May 27 and June 8. Specific times and locations will be shared soon, along with a link to register for next season. Stay tuned, and in the meantime, save those dates!
Postseason: Essex will be moving forward with a postseason tournament. Teams that finish in the top 2 places in their division will qualify. Games will be played during the week of June 13-20. G4 teams will have the opportunity to participate in a jamboree if they wish which will take place on June 12. More details to come.
Lastly, thank you all for your compliance with guidelines and support for your kids this season…thankfully it has been uneventful for the most part in terms of issues related to Covid. It has also been relatively uneventful in terms of issues with spectators/coaches/referees etc. As we enter the last few weeks of the season, games become more competitive, and the temperature rises both literally and figuratively; please continue to do your part to keep things calm and cool.
April 14th, 2021
Details for Spring 2021 Intramural Programs
Things to Know for a great Sunday session
In the past 14 days, has your child:
1) experienced a fever of 100.4 or greater, cough, loss of smell or taste, shortness of breath, runny nose?
2) received a positive result from a COVID-19 test ?
3) been in contact with anyone with COVID-19 or symptoms ?
4) or someone in close contact traveled to a region with COVID-19 restrictions?
- Please arrive no earlier than 15/20 minutes prior to your scheduled time
- Mask wearing is required for all
- 6 feet of Social Distancing between family units is required
For more information please view our COVID-19 page HERE
Your Team Assignment email confirms the program and time you are registered for.
- 9:00 – 9:40 AM – Tots Program (Note this does not start until April 25)
- 10:00 – 10:40 AM – Pre-K Program
- 11:00 – 11:40 AM – Pre-K and Kindergarten Program
- 12:00 – 12:40 PM – Kindergarten Program
- 1:00 – 1:40 PM – Grade 1 Boys Academy
- 2:00 – 2:40 PM – Grade 1 Girls Academy
- 3:00 – 3:40 PM – Grade 2 Boys Academy
- 4:00 – 4:40 PM – Grade 2 Girls Academy
- All Sunday sessions are held at Beasley Field: Map
- Upon arriving please head directly to your field and check-in with your coach.
- Fields will be marked with a flag number that corresponds to your team name’s number.
- These guidelines are subject to change depending on state and/or town protocols
Spectators are not permitted on the turf field. ONLY fields 2 and 3 will be permitted to have spectators on the turf. This area will be outlined for those fields.
Spectators are not permitted to spectate on the running lanes of the track.
March 2nd, 2021
Help Us Support Our Healthcare Heroes
Melrose Soccer and Wakefield Soccer have teamed up to show support and appreciation for our local frontline healthcare workers. Please join our efforts by supporting the Healthcare Heroes Fundraiser in collaboration with and to benefit the professionals and caregivers of MelroseWakefield Hospital.
Ways to show your support-
1. Donate to the Melrose and Wakefield Soccer Healthcare Heroes Fund. Your gift will be used for essential equipment and to give back to the professionals and caregivers who are on the frontlines — they are the real heroes.
Our goal is to reach $15,000 in donations and Melrose Youth Soccer will be matching the first donations made up to $5,000.
2. Your player can take a picture or create a short video showing their support while wearing their Melrose/Wakefield soccer uniform.
Guidelines for submissions:
We will be combining all the submissions into one fun music video that will go to our healthcare workers, our soccer community, and will be posted publicly on social media.
***The deadline for donations and video or photo submissions is March 31st.
Thank you in advance for your help in supporting our local Healthcare Heroes.
Let’s show them how much we appreciate their efforts!