Welcome to the Wakefield Soccer Association – Wakefield, MA
The Wakefield Soccer Association strives to provide a quality recreational, youth soccer experience for all of our members. We believe that good sportsmanship and a desire to coach, play, or watch soccer in a way that honors the game, are the cornerstones of that experience. In doing so, we aim to create a lifelong appreciation of the game by actively seeking to promote soccer to the youth of Wakefield.
Current Events and Info
September 12th, 2021
Details for Fall 2021 SUNDAY Intramural Programs
This season runs on Sundays from September 19 through November 7, 2021.
Your Team Assignment email confirms the program and time you are registered for.
- 9:00 – 9:50 AM – Tots Program
- 10:00 – 10:50 AM – Pre-K Program
- 11:00 – 11:50 AM – Pre-K and Kindergarten Program
- 12:00 – 12:50 PM – Kindergarten Program
- 1:00 – 1:50 PM – Grade 1 Boys Academy
- 1:00 – 1:50 PM – Grade 1 Girls Academy
- 2:00 – 2:50 PM – Grade 2 Boys Academy
- 2:00 – 2:50 PM – Grade 2 Girls Academy
- 3:00 – 3:30 PM – Gr 3 – 8 Practice
- 3:30 – 4:30 PM – Gr 3-4 / Gr 5-8 Intramural Programs Gr 3-4 Game Schedule
- All Sunday sessions are held at the Galvin School Fields
- Upon arriving, please head directly to your field and check-in with your coach.
- Fields will be marked with a flag number that corresponds to your team name’s number.
- CLICK HERE to see full field layout
- Fields per program
- Tots – 9:00 am – all teams at Mullen Field
- Pre-K – 10:00 – Mullen Field – Bolts, Dragons, Eagles, Hawks, Lazers, Lightning
- Pre-K – 10:00 – Walton Field – Lions, Sharks, Super Stars, Tigers, Wizards
- Pre-K – 11:00 – all teams at Walton Field
- Kindergarten – 11:00 – all teams at Mullen field
- Kindergarten – 12:00 – all teams at Mullen field
- Grade 1 Boys – 1:00 – all teams at Walton field
- Grade 1 Girls – 1:00 – all teams at Mullen field
- Grade 2 Boys – 2:00 – all teams at Walton field
- Grade 2 Girls – 2:00 – all teams at Mullen field
- Grades 3-8 – Practice – Mullen Field
- Grades 3-4 – 3:30 – all teams at Mullen Field
- Grades 5-8 – 3:30 – all teams at Walton Field
- Soccer cleats or athletic sneakers
- Shin guards (not required for Tots program)
- Water bottle
- A team shirt will be provided to each player
- All other equipment (balls, cones, goals) will be provided by WSA
- Spectators are not permitted on the turf field. Please stay outside any of the field fencings.
- Social distancing is still recommended.
- When the session is over, players should find their parent/guardian.
- Do not congregate on the field or in the parking lot.
- Leave the premises immediately to avoid overlap with the next incoming session.
May 19th, 2021
Updated Mask Protocol
Effective immediately (May 19, 2021):
- Players 18 and younger are not required to wear a mask while playing.
- Players do not need to wear a mask on the bench or in a team huddle while outdoors if proper social distance is maintained.
- Coaches and referees do not need to wear a mask as long as they maintain 6 feet of distance. Referees 18 or younger do not need to wear a mask while officiating a game.
- Those entering and exiting a facility do not need to wear masks as long as they maintain 6 feet of distance.